Current Student: A student who has been accepted and has an enrolment contract with the college. Current students are further categorized as follows at any given time in their program:
- Academic break : regularly scheduled break during the academic session (e.g., reading break) or between academic sessions (e.g., winter/summer holidays)
- Authorized leave: the student has formally obtained an approval to be temporarily absent from the college. This option applies to medical leave, maternity leave or any other
type of leave where the student has requested and received a formal authorized leaveby the college
- Full-time: the student is registered in a full-time program at the college and is in good academic standing.
Returning Student: a previous student who wishes to re-enrol in a program. The student does not currently have an enrolment contract. Returning students are further categorized as follows at any given time in their program:
- Deferred enrolment: the student is registered or enrolled at the college but they are not enrolled in a program of study as the start date of their program has been postponed. The delayed start date of the program must be
imposed or approved by the college. Reasons for deferral may include: program of study has been postponed by the college; or at the request of the student.
- Academic probation (suspension)-the student is dismissed or suspended from the program. The student maintains registration or enrolment contract during the period of suspension.
No longer registered/enrolled: the student has withdrawn (i.e., does not have registration or enrolment status at the college)
Non-Returning Students: the student is permanently dismissed and they no longer have registration or enrolment status at the college or their admission has been revoked
Program completed: the student has been issued a formal notification of completion of their program( diploma or certificate ) from the college indicating that they have met all of the requirements for graduation.